An SEO audit process looks at a number of variables that may impact how well your website ranks on search engine results.
You may learn more about the efficacy of your web page design, page loading speed, and site traffic and optimize your website as necessary.
Technical SEO flaws, on-page, and off-page SEO problems, structural problems, and content gaps can all be found through SEO audits.
Therefore when you hire an SEO services company San Diego they’ll first perform an SEO audit before suggesting any strategy. This blog will discuss the top SEO auditing tools for 2023.
Best SEO Auditing Tools to Use in 2023
SEMrush is a full-featured digital marketing package with more than 40 intelligence tools. With a focus on competitive analysis, keyword research, paid ad research, rank tracking, content optimization, and social media monitoring, SEMrush is arguably one of the best SEO tools available.
- Shows SEO problems in three groups: errors, warnings, and notifications.
- Incorporates Google Analytics into the system.
- Produces graphs that show the findings and analyzes statistics to compare the outcomes of various SEO audits.
Even PPC services San Diego can leverage SEMrush tools to plan their PPC campaigns.
Google Search Console
By using Google search console, formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools, you can find SEO problems using more than 16 months of data. You should be able to quickly identify the indexation and usability issues with your site by skimming over the insights.
- The website’s structured data, HTML, broken links, and content quality are checked.
- Checks, tracks, and monitors your AMP pages.
- Highlights pages with 404 or 500 errors as well as indexing problems.
- Creates individualized audit reports and sends email notifications when it discovers problems.
- Provide information on the search terms that lead people to your website.
By analyzing these data points, your hired SEO services company San Diego can provide you with accurate strategies to improve your SEO ranking.
SpyFu integrates a number of technologies to give insights into your SEO strategy. Its SEO Keyword Research tool exposes the poor keywords you should avoid, and Competitor Research reveals any possible weaknesses in other websites that are comparable to yours.
- Checks backlinks to get rid of spam and duplicate links.
- Compare your content to the material of your rivals.
- Monitors years of the performance history of your website’s SEO.
- Reveals the unique keywords for which your rivals are ranked better. This can be a great insight for PPC services San Diego.
With GTmetrix, you can quickly gain an understanding of the technical status of your website. After a brief test, you may check your page loading times, the size of the page, and the relevant performance factors, such as caching, image scale, and scripting.
- GTmetrix covers about 25 SEO criteria.
- Evaluates loading difficulties and focus on the user experience.
- Simulates how well a page will operate on more than 20 different mobile devices.
- Provides performance benchmarks, including Cumulative Layout Shift, Total Blocking Time, and Largest Contentful Paint.
- Checks Web Vitals, Page Timings, Page Size & Request Counts, and Performance/Structure scores graphs.
Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is not cloud-based software, unlike most SEO audit tools. Instead, it is an installable program that crawls through your website, pulling on-site data, assessing SEO issues, and doing real-time analysis of the outcomes.
- Tracks server failures and broken links.
- Examine meta descriptions and page titles.
- Flags banned URLs and detect temporary and permanent redirection.
- Combines the PageSpeed Insights, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console APIs.
- Uses CSS Path and XPath to extract data from any HTML page.
OnCrawl is designed to perform a thorough technical analysis of your website. It checks the problems with the search index, Hreflang tags, pagination, and sitemaps. OnCrawl also evaluates your site’s general architecture, page load times, and content quality.
- Provides information on the architecture, speed, and quality of your HTML.
- Checks the condition of the internal links.
- Carries out cross-analysis to get insights from the collected data.
- Identify the ranking elements that affect how searchable your website is.
Google SERP Snippet Optimization Tool
The company Higher Visibility provides a SERP simulator called Google SERP Snippet Optimization Tool. It is a simple program replicating the search engine results pages (SERPs) on Google.
All you have to do to obtain results is enter the title, meta description, and URL of your page or post. You will thus be able to obtain a preview of how your content, page, or post will appear in Google’s search results so that your page names and metadata can be optimized with these insights.
- Adds data from the Google Snippet Tool to the clipboard.
- Downloads the meta descriptions and page titles currently in use.
- Allows you to share your SERP projects with clients and colleagues easily.
- Gives you the option to save the SERP preview image.
- Finds Hreflang tags, duplicate pages, and articles with low word counts.
- Checks incomplete or missing social tags, poorly optimized HTML tags, and page performance problems.
- Crawls both desktop and mobile versions of the website.
- Offers suggestions to solve SEO problems.
SEO effectiveness of your website is important in today’s technology-based online marketing and advertising field. If you don’t employ robust SEO website audit tools to track your search performance, you risk missing issues that might negatively affect your business.
Even if you have spent a fortune on an SEO services company San Diego, without a proper audit, it is impossible to check the effectiveness of the SEO strategies used.